Lime Zest and Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus
Hummus is a delicious and healthy snack. This recipe is easy to make and goes great with our Cucumber Hummus Rolls recipe.
- 2 Cups Chickpeas (1) 19 oz. can
- 2 Tbs Tahini
- 1 Small Shallot chopped (or 1 clove garlic)
- 1/2 Cup Sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 Tbs Lime juice
- 1 Tbs Freshly grated lime zest
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Olive oil
- 1/2 Cup Water or less to facilitate blending
- Gather your ingredients together.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a colander with cold water.
- Chop the onion.
- Zest the limes.
- Juice the limes.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor except water and puree until smooth, using a spatula to facilitate.
- Adding water as needed until it gets moving.
- Blend until smooth and silky.
- Transfer to a container or a clean jar and store in the refrigerator.
If cooking your own chick peas from scratch, use about 3/4 cup of dry beans which should yield the right amount cooked – Simply soak for 8-12 hours, rinse, and boil in water to cover until soft, about 60-75 minutes. Thank you “In pursuit of more” for the recipe.