Quinoa Pizza Crust
Making your own pizza crust with quinoa provides a healthy gluten free alternative that keeps the traditional pizza making experience delicious.
- 3/4 Cup Quinoa
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Clove Garlic chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Black pepper
- 2 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 Cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 Tbs Olive oil
- 1 Cup Pizza sauce
- 3/4 Cup Grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 Cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 Jalapeño peppers thinly sliced
- 1 Clove Garlic thinly sliced
- Soak the quinoa in a bowl with enough water to cover all the grains and let it soak for 8 hours or overnight.
- After the quinoa has soaked for 8 hours, preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Drain the quinoa with a sieve.
- Blend all the crust ingredients together, except for the olive oil in a blender until smooth.
- Grease your pizza pan with the olive oil.
- Pour the batter onto your pizza pan and spread it evenly with a rubber spatula.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, until it's a nice golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and flip the crust, return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes, until it's a nice golden brown.
- Please watch carefully as not to burn the crust, it will depend on the thickness.
- Gather your toppings together, we used tomatoes, jalapeños, garlic and cheese.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly over the crust, then add toppings.
- Broil the pizza for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.