Proper gut health is critical to your overall health. Lacto-fermented, or cultured, vegetables are a great way to get the beneficial “good” bacteria into your gut. You should eat some form of lacto-fermentation in every meal. We think you will like our Fermented Salsa recipe, a refreshing change to the traditional versions.
- 2 Pasilla Chiles seeded and diced
- 2 Large Tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 Onion chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic diced
- 1 Bunch Fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 Cup juice from Pickled Jalapeño Pepper Slices * Lady Moon Farms recipe
- 1/4 Cup Pickled Jalapeño Pepper Slices chopped * Lady Moon Farms, optional
- 2 Tsp Salt
- Gather your ingredients together.
- In a bowl mix together all ingredients and pack into a jar leaving an inch from the top.
- Making sure the liquid covers the vegetables, add some water if needed.
- Allow to ferment for 1-2 days.
- Then refrigerate and enjoy!
*See Lady Moon Farms recipe.