Kale Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Meaty and flavorful portobello mushrooms are delicious when stuffed. Perfect for a light lunch or as an appetizer. You cannot over stuff!
- 4 Large Portobollo mushrooms
- 3 Tbs Coconut oil
- 1/2 White onion chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 4 Cups Kale stems removed and chopped
- 1 Cup Tomatoes chopped
- 3/4 Cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Jalapeño peppers seeds removed and diced
- 1/4 Cup Pine nuts toasted
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese optional
- to taste Salt & pepper
- Gather your ingredients together.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a large baking dish with Parchment paper.
- Cut the jalapeños in half, removing the seeds, stems, and dice.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and place on a baking dish.
- Chop the stems.
- On medium high, heat up the coconut oil in a large skillet.
- Add the garlic and onions and sauté until they are translucent.
- Add the kale, jalapeño, tomatoes and mushroom stems and cook until soft.
- Add the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and pine nuts and combine.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the mixture and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Top with shredded Parmesan if desired. Enjoy!