Asparagus & Quinoa Salad
Quinoa is a healthy addition to any salad. This is a great vegan recipe, full of healthy greens, and easy to make. Courtesy of Lady Moon Farms.
- 3 Tbs Coconut oil
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Large Onion diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Bunch Asparagus
- 1 Bunch Spinach
- 1 Cup Oven Roasted Tomatoes *
- 1/4 Cup Pine nuts
- Gather the ingredients together.
- Cook the quinoa as directed.
- Chop the onion.
- Toast the pine nuts for 10-15 minutes in the oven at 375 degrees or in a dry skillet on medium high heat, just until they start to brown.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan on medium high, add the garlic and onion and cook until the onion is translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Add the spinach and asparagus to the onion mixture and sauté until the spinach starts to turn dark green, and asparagus is cooked.
- In a large bowl add the roasted tomatoes, quinoa, and pine nuts, stirring to fully combine.
- Add the spinach and asparagus mixture and stir together and salt and pepper to taste.
* see Lady Moon Farms recipes