Eggplant & Tomato Rolls
This lasagna recipe replaces traditional pasta noodles with eggplant. It is a simple and delicious way to remove carbs from your diet.
- 2 Tbs Olive oil
- 2 Large Eggplants cut lengthways into slices 1/4-inch thick
- 8 Ounces Cheddar cheese grated
- 4-5 Carrots shredded
- 2 Tbs Breadcrumbs optional
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- 2 Tbs Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 Large Tomatoes chopped
- 1 Tbs Fresh basil chopped
- 1 Egg beaten
- To Taste Salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the eggplant slices with salt on both sides and lay on a paper towel for 15 minutes.
- Grate the carrots.
- Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with olive oil and cook in a skillet on medium high for 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the skillet and put back onto the paper towel to drain.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients except for the egg and 1/2 the cheese.
- Bind the mixture with the beaten egg.
- Lay the eggplant slice onto a casserole dish and spoon 2 tablespoons of the filing onto the middle of the eggplant slices.
- Carefully roll up the eggplant slices.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Serve immediately. Enjoy!