Crusty Tomato & Garlic Bread
This Crusty Tomato & Garlic Bread recipe is a delicious twist to traditional garlic bread, it is easy to make and the perfect addition to soups and salad.
- 4 Slices Hearty bread
- 4 Tbs Olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 2 Cloves Garlic 1 split in half and the other minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise *
- 1 Pound Tomatoes sliced
- To taste Salt & pepper
- 2 Tbs Fresh chives minced
- Gather all your ingredients together.
- Preheat broiler to high and adjust oven rack to 6 inches below the element.
- Brush both slices of the bread with 1/2 the olive oil.
- Using the split garlic, rub the cut edge onto both sides of each piece of bread.
- Place on a baking sheet and broil until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Flip and broil the other side, about 2 minutes longer.
- Combine mayonnaise and minced garlic, and remaining olive oil in a small bowl.
- Spread 3/4 of mayonnaise evenly over toast.
- Spread tomato slices over toast and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Dollop with more mayo, extra olive oil, and sprinkle with chives and serve immediately.
* See our Lady Moon Farms homemade Mayonnaise recipe