Creamed Dandelion Greens With Shrimp
Dandelion greens are best when eaten young. Cooking in cream softens the bitterness and adding shrimp makes this Creamed Dandelion Greens with Shrimp a decadent meal.
- 1 Bunch Dandelion greens
- 1 Tbs Olive oil
- 2 Strips Bacon
- 1 Leek
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Vermouth
- 6-8 Shrimp large
- To taste Salt & pepper
- 3/4 Cup Cream
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese
- Clean and wash the dandelion greens, removing stems.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat.
- While the bacon is cooking chop the leek.
- Add the chopped leek to the bacon and sauté.
- Continue to cook the bacon, allowing the leek bits to cook in the bacon fat.
- Remove the bacon and chop into pieces.
- Return the bacon pieces back to the pan, add the garlic and vermouth mixing to fully combine the flavors.
- Add the dandelions and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Sauté the shrimp in the mixture until they turn bright orange and are cooked through.
- Add cream, salt and pepper and allow to simmer until it thickens (2-3 minutes).
- Serve topped with the Parmesan cheese.