Cauliflower & Tomato Cheese Casserole
This is a delicious dish and can be served as a side or as a meal. Enjoy!
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 1 3/4 Cups Cheese grated, we used sharp English cheddar
- 1/4 Cup Blue cheese crumbled
- 1 Cup Lady Moon Farms cherry tomatoes cut in 1/2
- 5 Slices Bacon cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 Leek sliced
- 1/2 Cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 2 Tbs Flour
- Pinch Cayenne pepper
- To taste Salt & pepper
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and steam until tender.
- In a frying pan cook the bacon until it is almost done, then add the leeks and cook together until the bacon is crisp and the leeks are soft.
- Remove the bacon and break into pieces.
- Turn the oven to a low broil.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and add the flour and stir until totally combined.
- Slowly add the milk stirring until all the lumps are out to make a white sauce.
- Add the salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Put the cooked cauliflower in an ovenproof casserole dish and sprinkle with half the bacon.
- Pour the sauce over the mixture.
- Add the leeks and remaining bacon.
- Top with the tomato halves.
- Sprinkle with Panko breadcrumbs.
- Broil until the top starts to brown and serve immediately.