Basil & Golden Beet Salad
This is a lovely salad, simple but delicious, the perfect treat for lunch.
- 4 Golden beets cooked & peeled
- 12 Basil leaves
- 2 Tsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- To taste Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Wash and remove the tops and bottoms of the beets.
- Place the beets in a roasting pan filled with an inch of water.
- Cover the pan and bake for about 1 1/2 hours, the beets are cooked when poked easily with a fork.
- Cut each beet into 8 slices.
- Top with the fresh basil leaves.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Salt and pepper and enjoy!