Spaghetti Squash & Zucchini Pie
This Spaghetti Squash & Zucchini Pie dish is the perfect comfort food. You can make it vegetarian by eliminating the sausage. Either way we think this is a delicious gluten free meal for the entire family.
- 1 Large Spaghetti squash
- 1 Tbs Olive oil
- 1 Large Yellow onion chopped
- 2 Small Zucchini chopped
- 1 Pound Grass fed Italian sausage
- 1 28 Ounce can Marinara sauce
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 Cups Mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 Cup Ricotta cheese
- 2 Large Farm fresh eggs
- To taste Salt & pepper
- Dash Crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut squash into two-inch rounds and remove the seeds.
- Sprinkle with salt and bake for an hour, flipping over after 30 minutes.
- Cut the zucchini, chop the onions and mince the garlic.
- In a large skillet, sauté the onions, zucchini and garlic in 1 tablespoon oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the sausage and cook until browned and cooked through.
- Shred the Parmesan & mozzarella cheeses.
- Add the marinara sauce and cook down for 15 minutes on low.
- Cool the squash to room temperature.
- Using a fork shred the squash into spaghetti noodles.
- Place the squash in a colander and cover with a clean, dry dishtowel, pressing down to squeeze out excess moisture.
- In a bowl and add the ricotta, eggs salt and pepper and mix together.
- Add the squash to the egg and ricotta, stirring to fully combine.
- Coat a 9-inch casserole dish with olive oil and spread the squash and ricotta mixture evenly over the bottom of the dish.
- Pour the mariner sauce over the squash.
- Sprinkle with the cheeses.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly, let rest a few moments and serve.