Vegan Mac & Cheese
Mac & Cheese is a long time comfort food, traditionally full of fat and dairy. This recipe is creamy, rich and fulfilling with zero refined oil or dairy. When you use gluten free pasta it becomes casein and gluten free. We highly suggest you give this healthy version a try.
- 1 1/2 Cups Potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 Carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 Small Onion peeled and quartered
- 3-5 Stalks Kale stemmed and chopped
- 1 Cup Raw cashews
- 1 16 oz Gluten free pasta cooked
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Dried onion
- 1 Tsp Garlic powder
- Dash Hot pepper flakes
- To taste Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Truffle salt
- Peel and cut the potatoes and put into a pot of boiling water for two minutes.
- Add the chopped carrots and cook for five additional minutes.
- Add the onion and cook for seven more minutes, or until the vegetables are soft, reserve the water.
- Cook the pasta in a separate pot per directions; add the chopped kale the last two minutes.
- Pour the pasta and kale into a casserole dish and set aside.
- Put the cashews, veggies and 1 1/2 cups of the reserved water into a blender.
- Add the seasonings, except the truffle salt.
- Puree until the sauce is creamy.
- Pour sauce over the pasta and kale and mix thoroughly then sprinkle with the truffle salt and pepper.