Kale Spring Rolls
Spring rolls originated from China and are usually eaten during the Spring Festival in mainland China. We think that these healthy snacks are a perfect any time of the year.
- 8 spring roll wrappers
- 1 avocado cut into thin slices
- 1 carrot peeled and cut into 2 inch sticks
- 1 cucumber peeled and cut into 2 inch sticks
- 4 leaves kale seemed and chopped
- 1/2 cup llat-leaf parsley leaves only
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves only
- 1 red pepper seeds removed and cut into slices
- 1/3 cup sweet chile sauce
- Peel and chop the cucumber.
- Peel and chop the carrot.
- Remove the stems from the cilantro.
- Remove the stems from the parsley.
- Peel and slice the avocado.
- Stem and chop the kale.
- Remove the stems and seeds then thinly slice the pepper.
- Gather all your ingredients together, you want to work quickly once the wrapper is moist for easier handling.
- In a pan, heat up enough water to submerge the spring wrappers at just above 100 degrees, the hotter the water the quicker the wrapper becomes pliable. Put the wrapper into the water for 20-50 seconds and remove allowing the excess water to drip off.
- Lay the wrapper flat onto a chopping board and layer the ingredients, fold the ends like a burrito and gently roll up. Working quickly is key to an easy process.
- Cover with a damp cloth until you are ready to enjoy and serve with chili sauce.