Try our high-protein breakfast casserole, filled with vegetables, easy to make and delicious. Enjoy!
- 9 Farm fresh eggs Please make sure the chickens were not fed any GMO feed.
- 16 oz Cottage Cheese 4% fat Organic. Please use 4% not 2% or no fat, Cottage cheese is intended to have fat. When possible find a locally produced variety from 100% grass fed cows
- 4 oz Raw Sharp Cheddar Cheese grated. We used Organic Valleys brand.
- 4 oz Raw Mild Cheddar Cheese grated. We used Organic Valleys brand.
- 1 Pint Grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 Medium Organic Yellow Onion chopped
- 1 Can Eden Organic Black Beans We are very particular to use this brand for canned beans – they were among the first to remove BPA from the can lining
- 1 Small Zucchini organic, chopped
- 1/2 Pint Shiitake mushrooms chopped (ok to substitute Portabello, Maitake or Crimini. No button mushrooms please).
- 1 Cup Organic Brown Basmati Rice.
- 1 Large Bunch Spinach chopped
- 2 Small Carrots chopped
Gather your ingredients together.
Slice the mushrooms.
Slice the zucchini.
Cut the tomatoes.
Grease a 9x12 casserole dish.
Crack the eggs and add in to a large bowl.
If your brown rice is freshly cooked and warm, add it in last.
Mix all ingredients together.
Pour egg bake mixture into dish. Bake at 375 degrees F for 1 hour.
At that time shake the dish slightly.
If the middle still jiggles allow to cook until set.
Note: Made with the above ingredients your egg bake will not require salt or pepper.
Please choose organic and raw ingredients as noted. These ingredients deliver a much more flavorful end product. Without the GMOs or pesticides your gut will be happier = less bloating. Organic and raw foods are also more nutrient loaded so you get more out of each mouthful. And without any synthetic fillers you body has 100% real food that it can do something with.