Shrimp Louis is a fabulous seafood salad that originated from San Francisco's Solari's Restaurant in the early 1900's. It is often served along the west coast or anywhere fresh seafood is served. This salad is easy to make, but your guests will think that you went to great effort.
- 4 Eggs boiled and peeled
- 1 head Iceberg lettuce chopped
- 1 pound Cooked shrimp
- 1 Avocado
- 8 Grape tomatoes cut in halves
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise *
- 1/4 cup Sweet chile sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Hot chile sauce optional
- 1 tablespoon Sweet pickle relish
- To taste Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Fresh flat-leaf parsley minced
- 1 Lemon quartered
Mince the parsley.
Mix together the mayonnaise, chile sauce(s), relish, parsley and salt and pepper and set aside.
Shred or thinly chop the lettuce.
Peel and quarter the hard boiled eggs.
Peel and quarter the avocado.
Layer the salad starting with the lettuce and place shrimp on top.
Add the eggs.
Top with tomatoes.
Add the avocado and lemon.
Serve with the dressing.
You can substitute the shrimp for crab or use a combination of both.
* See our Lady Moon Farms recipe.